Observations on the Context:
– 1 spy representing each tribe, respectfully
– sent according to God’s command
– Hoshea “salvation” changed to Joshua (Yeshua, the shared name of the Lord Jesus) “Yahweh/The Lord is Salvation”
-Saul “ask for” even ‘death’/rebel to Paul “small” “humble” ‘Little’ Paul was nothing without or apart from Christ
Applications of the Text:
– Believers who change their names once they begin following Christ
– Christian parents prayerfully considering their children’s names
Prayer: Father, thank you that in Christ we have been given a new family name. We were dead in trespasses and sins, You breathed new life into us through the Gospel and we now share a future as co-heirs alongside Your Son because of the precious blood of Jesus. We are not defined by our past. Our given names are not our ultimate identity. Our identity and defining come from Christ. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.
To partner in producing the program, become a Patron at Patreon.com/Gen1toRev22 or check out the support tab on Gen1toRev22.com and donate a book on Ryan’s reading list
Have you subscribed yet? Don’t miss an episode by subscribing on our growing list of podcast feeds
The Genesis 1 to Revelation 22 Project is a resource to help the people of God walk verse by verse through the Bible from Genesis 1 verse 1 all the way to the end in Revelation 22, should the Lord tarry. #Gen1toRev22 Join in and invite a friend!
this podcast is brought to you by Focusing on the Mark Ministries: Live a Matthew 6:33 Live until He comes