some characteristics of sin:
1. Sin has no nature of its own; it is a parasite.
2. Sin is self-centered.
3. Sin is destructive.
4. Sin’s presence gives no immediate pain, causing a person to believe nothing is wrong.
5. Sin’s power lies in the force of delusion.
6. Sin desensitizes as it grows.
7. Sin produces a false self.
8. Sin will cause a person to become blind to evil.
Cancer in its early stages brings no pain or discomfort. It starts on the inside and destroys unless it is discovered for the person. That is the way it works.
–Charles Brock, a missionary gone home